Error Handling

Jeremy J Starcher r3jjs at VAX1.CC.UAKRON.EDU
Tue Oct 2 05:43:16 AEST 1990

In article <OTTO.90Sep28090952 at tukki.jyu.fi> otto at tukki.jyu.fi (Otto J. Makela) writes:

>Remember, rules like "no GOTOs" are inventions of Pascal weenies, and I
>wouldn't call them golden :-)
>Simplistic rules like this are supposedly a alternative to using common
>sense in programming (no smiley here).  They are human inventions, they
>didn't come down from the mountain engarved in stone tablets.

I have to agree, those who flame your (or my) use of GOTOs should try to
program on an 8088 or a 6502 based machine in assembly.  These programmers
know how nice GOTOs are (since often no nice alts exist).

Although I do not feel that GOTOs should be over used.  Since C (and PASCAL)
provide reasonable looping controls and if statements, the need for GOTOs
declines nicely.

r3jjs at vax1.cc.uakron.edu