Problems with scanf()

Donn Pedro donn at brat.UUCP
Fri Oct 26 11:55:13 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct20.001637.28244 at unislc.uucp>, ttobler at unislc.uucp (Trent Tobler) writes:

> [many comments on the evils of scanf]
>
> People, scanf is not BAD, [ rest of the sensible talk deleted for brevity.]

We discussed scanf() in my C course today.  The insructor basically said
to be cautious of scanf() but not fearful to use it.  He said it can be
a very useful and powerful tool *as long as* you understand it's
limitations and foibles.

To paraphrase:

	Commnads don't kill data.  People kill data.

      Donn F Pedro ....................a.k.a. uunet!nwnexus!mcgp1!brat!donn
         else:  {the known world}!uunet!nwnexus!mcgp1!brat!donn