Frequently Asked Questions

Karl Heuer karl at haddock.ima.isc.com
Mon Oct 22 13:55:36 AEST 1990

In article <41699 at eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> rmenon at sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Radhakrishnan Menon) writes:
>Could someone please mail me the earlier sets of FAQ if they have
>saved them ?

There seems to be a misunderstanding here.  The document is not "Answers to
selected questions that have come up this month", it's "Answers to questions
that have plagued this newsgroup since before the Great Renaming".  It's our
*accumulated* wisdom; each issue completely supersedes all previous issues.
Unless you collect Usenet articles as a hobby%, there's no reason to look at
earlier issues.  And there's a good reason *not* to: later issues often
correct subtle mistakes in earlier ones.

Maybe this should go in the FAQ.

Karl W. Z. Heuer (karl at ima.isc.com or uunet!ima!karl), The Walking Lint
________
% It's a fun and lucrative hobby.  A mint copy of my one and only all-out
  flame (with original timestamps on the inode) is worth a fortune.