switch break

Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
Fri Oct 5 04:39:42 AEST 1990

About the fact that a case in a switch statement falls through to the next
case unless there's an explicit break:

In article <1990Oct3.160403.517 at Neon.Stanford.EDU>,
dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU (Dave Eisen) writes:
> I doubt anyone has difficulty understanding the semantics of switch,
> they are simple enough. That doesn't mean we agree with them. Any decent
> C programmer uses switch correctly every day of eir life, but I doubt
> that I am alone in having omitted it by accident once or twice and
> having been left with annoying bugs.

Bingo.

The above is my own opinion and not attributable to any other person or
organization.                        email: browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.    (216) 371-0043