switch break

Gregory M. Stelmack stelmack at screamer.csee.usf.edu
Wed Oct 3 12:32:27 AEST 1990

OK, I can't resist anymore :-)

I thought one of the nice things about C was the programmer's ability to do
anything, regardless of whether or not it makes sense. If you use the break;
you can separate each case. If you don't, you allow follow-through. It seems
to me that if this flexibility makes it hard for you to work with, maybe C
isn't the language for you. I personally like having the compiler allow me to
do whatever I want without delving into Assembler -- that's why I use C
instead of other languages.

Am I off-base with this opinion?

-- Greg Stelmack
-- Email: stelmack at sol.csee.usf.edu
-- USmail: USF Box 1510, Tampa, FL 33620-1510
-- Amiga: the only way to compute!