Which C compiler: TC or MS?

mdivax1!bb29c!mitchell mdivax1!bb29c!mitchell
Mon Oct 1 19:34:29 AEST 1990

In article <151565 at felix.UUCP> asylvain at felix.UUCP (Alvin E. Sylvain) writes:

>In all the fuss over C compilers for the PC, not much mention is made
>of a small, inexpensive C compiler from a company called MIX, called
>Power C.  Someone besides me must have tried it, and have an opinion!

I tried it when it first came out.  I recall that it had a VERY nice
debugger included, and that it used its own unique object file format
(something other than .obj files).  I remember being impressed overall
and putting it back on the shelf because of the incompatable object file
format, and maybe because of a runtime library missing functions I
was used to having.  MIX subsequently released a later version called
(I think) Power-C, which I bought but never installed.

>Even without the compiler, the included manual is _well_worth_ the price.

I remember thinking the same thing.