Cpp preprocessor

Edward Vielmetti emv at math.lsa.umich.edu
Sat Oct 13 10:22:22 AEST 1990

In article <10169:Oct1212:34:2790 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:

   In article <1044 at kos.rci.dk> poe at kos.rci.dk (Poul Oestergaard) writes:
   > Does anyone have c sources, or a script, for a cpp preprocessor (cppp)
   > which can remove "ifdef"'s (and "if defined") and the code surrounded
   > by "ifdef" and "else" or "endif"? E. g. the command
   >         cppp -RKERNEL <source files>
   > should remove all "ifdef/ifndef KERNEL"'s and source selected by
   > "ifdef/ifndef KERNEL". Output should appear on standard output.

   That's what unifdef does. I don't know unifdef's pedigree. If it's BSD
   only, the sources might have been freed.

The BSD 4.3 Reno annoucement from comp.bugs.ucb-fixes on 06 July 1990 identifies
portions of the 4.3 Reno distribution which are freely redistributable under
the standard BSD "freed files" copyright.  unifdef(1) is one of the files
listed, with the credit going to Dave Yost.

I don't know if unifdef was broken out in the earlier release, and as far as
I know there was not been a "freed files" release of the Reno code.

--Ed

Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan math dept <emv at math.lsa.umich.edu>
moderator, comp.archives