Microsoft C specific question about __acrtused

Gordon Day gday at digigw.digital.co.jp
Wed Oct 3 17:00:07 AEST 1990

I have been mixing assembly language and C routines successfully, but when
setting up the runtime environment for C subroutines I have to define the
symbol __acrtused in the DGROUP group to keep the linker happy.  What is
significance of this value? What should it be set to, or does it really
matter? (My belief is that it is only of significance if the crt0.obj startup
are being used, but in that case, why is it being defined public?)

Gordon W. Day