Why use (void) func() ? (lint beef)

Rahul Dhesi dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com
Sun Oct 7 13:41:38 AEST 1990

In my makefile I have several lint targets that provide different
levels of linting.  I normally do "make lint".  Less often, I use a
different level.  Each target filters through a different egrep
pattern.

     lint0:
             lint $(LINTFLAGS) $(SRCS)

     lint1:
             lint $(LINTFLAGS) $(SRCS) | \
             egrep -v "`cat .stop.$@`"

     lint2:
             lint $(LINTFLAGS) $(SRCS) | \
             egrep -v "`cat .stop.$@`"

     lint3:
             lint $(LINTFLAGS) $(SRCS) | \
             egrep -v "`cat .stop.$@`"

The .stop.lint* files contain the lint output filtration patterns.
E.g., .stop.lint3 contains (all one line;  broken with \ here for
clarity):

     enumeration type clash|possible pointer alignment|\
     unused in function|set but not used in function|\
     but never used|iovec never defined
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi