Power C

Todd Walk walk at mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue May 14 06:22:02 AEST 1991

	I'm needing to get a C compiler and I've limited my choices down to
two:  Turbo C++ (already have experience w/ this product), and Power C
(incredibly low price amoung other features).  Since I already have worked
with Turbo C++ and not at all with Power C, I'm wondering if anyone in this
newsgroup knows these things about Power C:

1:extent of both character based and graphics based windowing/menuing
  primitives.
2:whether it allows far functions w/ a small memory model.
3:whether it allows // for comments.
4:how thourgh the manuals are in explainations of functions (important:
  how good are the examples of function useage).
5:ease of use and creation of huge (>64K) arrays w/ a small memory model.
6:ems & xms support, overlay support.
7:286/386 support.
8:ease of insertion of asm. obj. files when compiling.
9:how good is the debugger? especially compared to TD386.
Email prefered.

					Todd Walk
					walk at mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu