C compilers

j.f.van valkenburg jfv at cbnewsk.att.com
Wed May 8 13:04:14 AEST 1991

In article <dvu.673625513 at houligan>, dvu at houligan.encore.com (Dang Vu) writes:
> Can someone tell me the difference between the C compilers available??
>
> I'm looking for one, just to do simple basic C programming, looking for one I've
> seen the following: Turbo C, MS C, and Quick C.
>
> But why is quick C only about $60 and the others are around $300, what does
> the more expensive ones offer that the Quick C doesn't.
>
> Is it more libraries, a super-editor, a better compiler??
>
> Could you send me some answers and suggestions of what I really need.
>
> Joe Sosa
> jsosa at encore.com

My personal favorite is Power C from MIX Software.

advantages:

	large extensive manual
	Large Libraries
	ANSI standard
	IEEE Floating point
	$19.95

	Source for Library - $10.00

	BCD Business Math Available
	Available from MIX at 214-783-6001

Disadvantages

	No fancy graphic user interface ( command line method)

Disclaimer

	I am in no way connected with MIX Software - Just a very satisfied
	customer.

James F. Van Valkenburg         a.k.a.  "van"
AT&T 				Attmail: !jfv               jfv at cbnewsk.att.com
Atlanta, GA.			Voice  404-873-7920