`Display *display;' and such

Greg Weeks weeks at hpdtczb.HP.COM
Thu May 30 09:50:17 AEST 1991

As the writer of the basenote, I think I'd better say what it was for.

Mostly, I'd like to hear from people who agree.  No one is likely to be
swayed by the arguments themselves -- how often does that happen in notes
groups?  But I hope people who agree already will be able recognize their
opinions in the basenote which, in summary, says this:

    A mutable real-life object has a fixed identity in addition to a
    variable state.  The state may be represented with a structure, but the
    object itself should be represented with a pointer.

To those who agree: lets commiserate.