QC Compilers

Jeff Sicherman sichermn at beach.csulb.edu
Mon May 20 08:58:05 AEST 1991

  with respect to the discussion on C compiler choice and ignoring
considerations of price and religious preferences, I would like to
know what I *give up* in choosing one over the other, in particular:

  Library robustness
  Adherence to standards
  Linkability with other languages/object formats
  Quality of the implementation (bugs in tools or generated code)

  ... whatever else is *really* important in *using* the compiler

  Specifically, for MSC vs. QuickC, is there any differences in
language support or only speed of compilation and code compactness
and speed (optimization).