"Embedded Prolog" in C code

Nirad Sharma exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
Mon May 27 09:11:38 AEST 1991

Is it possible to write Prolog progams and have them integrated into a c
program ?  I seem to remember that Turbo Prolog on the PC platform allows
this.  I am looking for a Unix (SYSV) solution which would allow prolog
units to be written and either compiled and linked to the c code or be
interpreted at run-time.  Some extensive logic needs to be built into some
algorithms that I am using for a database application. While I have already
coded some of this logic in c I would prefer to convert the existing and
the future code to prolog for ease of programming and verification.

BTW,  if anyone can suggest a similar system with, say, Lisp I'd be glad to
know.

Thanks for any help / pointers.

--
Nirad Sharma  (exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)		Phone : (+61 7) 365 7575
Systems Programmer					Fax :	(+61 7) 870 5080