Calling LISP from C (QUERY)

Bill Poitras bill at polygen.uucp
Mon May 20 23:16:50 AEST 1991

Someone wrote me back about this saying:
>if you give any information about what lisp, what machine, what
>operating system and what c you are using, then somebody might be able
>to help.
>
>if you add in a little information about what you are trying to do,
>then even more people can help.

So I will.

I am trying to take some common LISP code which has some very complex
algorithms and interface them to C.  The specifics:

LISP: compiled common LISP
OS: IRIX Unix System V, AIX 3.1.x , Sun OS 4.1
Machine: Silicon Graphics Personal Iris, IBM RS/6000, Sun 4, Sun 3
C compiler: C compiler which comes with the system.  ANSI C for RS/6000,
K&R for Sun and IRIS.

The type of calls that I would make:

main()
{
	Molecule x;
	int i;

	i = LISP_Molecular_weight_of(x);
}

All of the computation would be in LISP, the User Interface for the
program would be in C.  Hopefully this is enough.  If not, let me know.