Simple question.

Phil Howard KA9WGN phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu May 2 08:29:46 AEST 1991

henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:

>Note:  "on any sane system".  The fact is, this is an operating-system
>question, not a C question.  C provides no standard way to do it.  This
>question should be asked in some operating-system-specific group, like
>comp.os.msdos.programmer.  Looking at comp.lang.c's Frequently Asked
>Questions list might also be fruitful, since this is an FAQ.

It is UNFORTUNATE that this is an OS question.  It really SHOULD be a C
question.  There SHOULD be a standard way to specify "I don't want the
input echoed".  Of course there are some limitations; some OS's don't make
this easy or even possible.  But at least there should be a standard way
to target it.
--
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   |  Guns don't aim guns at  \