Do you use stdarg, varargs or ya-args?

Rahul Dhesi dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com
Sat May 11 02:17:56 AEST 1991

In <13041 at dog.ee.lbl.gov> torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov (Chris Torek) defines
this convenience macro:

     #if __STDC__
     #define VASTART(ap, last) va_start(ap, last)
     #else
     #define VASTART(ap, last) va_start(ap)
     #endif

I would like to know if there is anything in the ANSI C standard that
guarantees that this will work.  Using the Metaware High C compiler
(which I mention in another posting), I found that it didn't.  The High
C compiler was doing some fancy token-pasting in its va_start macro,
and that token pasting didn't work right if I defined my own macro that
invoked va_start.  It caused me three days of pain.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi at cirrus.COM>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi