SDB broken on SCO UNIX 3.2 ?

Jan-Piet Mens jpm at logixwi.uucp
Tue May 7 17:01:23 AEST 1991

Hello World\n,
	I am developing on SCO UNIX 3.2.2, and sometimes need `sdb' to debug
	things ;-)

	If I compile my progs with the `-g' option, I can use sdb, but the
	latter does not find symbols with `name/' inside the program. Message is
		<blank> not an active procedure
	even when I am certain the `name' is in the function I am currently
	testing.

	It works when the program is compiled with the AT&T C-compiler
	called `rcc'. Can some kind soul explain what is happening ?

	The Codeview program on SCO UNIX (cv) shows similar defects. It won't
	work at all with `cc'; only with `rcc'. What goes ?
	So far I imagined that cc and cv are both from Microsoft. Surely they
	tested this no ?

	Thank you for your help.

Regards,
	-JP
--
Jan-Piet Mens, Logix GmbH				    jpm at logixwi.UUCP
Moritzstr. 50, D-6200 Wiesbaden            ...!uunet!mcsun!unido!logixwi!jpm