Just rambling about optimization...

Derron Simon dsimon at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Thu May 9 08:59:13 AEST 1991

One utility I was looking for about a year ago is an optimizer for C code
that can parse and optimize the original source.  I don't know why this hasn't
been attempted by any PD writers.  It is definately non-trivial, but I'm
surprised no one has ever attempted it.  Think about it, a global or local
optimizer with full portable C source...  doesn't it make you smile.  Well,
has anyone heard of anything along this line, or have any opinions on the
matter.

--
/* Derron Simon                * Internet: dsimon at eniac.seas.upenn.edu       */
/*                             * Phone: (215)573-5650  GEnie: D.SIMON        */