Quine-McCluskey Algorithm?

Michel Dagenais dagenais at siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca
Fri May 10 01:20:18 AEST 1991

>In article <1991May8.214016.18006 at odin.corp.sgi.com>
>           sjohnson at texas.vlsi.sgi.com (Scott Johnson) writes:
>   In <1991May7.232640.12166 at milton.u.washington.edu>
>      jinx at milton.u.washington.edu (Flying On A Canvas Wing) writes:
>   >s872607 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (George Tzanatos) writes:
>   >>D.M.Johnson at newcastle.ac.uk (Dave Johnson) writes:
>   >>>TAINT021 at ysub.ysu.edu (David M. Onder) writes:
>
>   >>>>I am looking for an implementation of the Quinn-McClaskey Algorithm for
>   >>>>minimizing a logical function.  I need this as soon as possible so if
>   >>>>anyone has information or the source, please e-mail me!  Thank you.....
>
>   >>>I would like this as well, e-mail address below
>   >>Please add me to the list too.......s872607 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz
>   >Add me, too.

I wrote a fairly efficient implementation a few years ago. It is now
available for anonymous ftp on siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca. The name is
pub/mcboole.tar.Z. It is written in C and works on UNIX/VMS/DOS. I will
probably send it to comp.sources.unix shortly because of the interest shown
on the net.

Michel Dagenais				    dagenais at vlsi.polymtl.ca
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal		    tel: (514) 340-4029