Turbo C and Clipper .OBJ files

Frank van der Hulst frank at cavebbs.gen.nz
Fri May 31 17:40:59 AEST 1991

In article <261.28449770 at weyr.FIDONET.ORG> rensberry at p4.f22.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Clark Rensberry) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I've got Turbo C 2.0 and I program extensively in Clipper.  I built a simple graphics program in Turbo C and then assumed (what a mistake) that I could link it's OBJ file in with the rest of my compiled Clipper Code and link it with PLink86.  I also tried the MS-DOS linker as well.  No luck - There were library problems and routines being called that didn't exist (so said PLink86 in Verbose mode).
I think your problem is that Turbo C generates calls to functions available in
ints libraries -- things like PCMP@ (for pointer comparison, if you use e.g.
if (ptr == NULL) ), which are not available in Clipper's library. Try linking
CL.LIB with your stuff too.

--

Take a walk on the wild side, and I don't mean the Milford Track.
Kayaking: The art of appearing to want to go where your boat is taking you.