64 bit architectures and C/C++

Phil Howard KA9WGN phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed May 8 09:38:56 AEST 1991

msb at sq.sq.com (Mark Brader) writes:

>Now, what would we like to happen if a program that assumed 64-bit
>integers existed was ported to a machine where they didn't?  We would

How about coding it so that if a symbol such as "LONGLONG64" is not
defined conditional compilation will fall back to code that invokes
a bignum package for 64 bit ints.  Then simply -DLONGLONG64 will get
the good code.

I just picked LONGLONG64 not knowing if there is a better thing to use.
--
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   |  Guns don't aim guns at  \