What is wrong with Struct?

Joe English jeenglis at alcor.usc.edu
Sat May 11 19:39:24 AEST 1991

storm at cs.mcgill.ca (Marc WANDSCHNEIDER) writes:

>What is wrong with the following delcaration in my file sim.h:
>
>typedef struct HP {
>		int last;
>		Eventtype items[MAXHEAP];
>} Heaptype;
>
>For some reason, this only works if I remove the MAXHEAP (which was #defined).
>Why?

That depends, of course, on what MAXHEAP was #defined *to*.
You didn't include the definition in your post, but this:

>Array bounds missing ] in function main.

looks familiar...  A mistake that I frequently make is to

#define MAXTHING 256;

instead of

#define MAXTHING 256		/* Note: no semicolon here */

Remember that a macro definition consists of the entire
line.  You may be getting "Eventtype items[MAXHEAP;];",
which is a syntax error.

--jeenglis at alcor.usc.edu