time(0L): the final chapter (was Re: time(0L)... - history of a misconception (was Re: SCO password generator)

Roger Cornelius rac at sherpa.UUCP
Sun May 26 06:48:24 AEST 1991

>From article <1991May24.044751.5933 at virtech.uucp>, by cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill):
> lothar at tmcsys.UUCP (L. Hirschbiegel) writes:
>
>>This was posted to newsgroup "comp.UNIX.SYSV386", right??
>
> NO.  It was cross-posted to comp.unix.sysv386 AND comp.lang.c

No, the original article, as well as my followup (I posted the code
everyone has been arguing about) were posted only to comp.unix.sysv386.
Some later follow-upper must have done the cross-posting.  Here are
the headers from my post: