WANTED : Searching algorithm for searching in a dictionary

David GELDREICH GELDREIC at FRECP12.BITNET
Mon May 6 08:04:59 AEST 1991

Hi netland,

  I am currently trying to make a software to help people to resolve crosswords
. I would like to find an algorithm which will allow me to find all the words m
atching, for example ??i?ing.

  I would like to know how can I index my dictionary to find easily a word know
ing only some of its letters. And which algorithm would I use to access this di
ctionary.

     (Any pointer to PD software of this kind would also be appreciated).

            Thanx in advance.

                  David Geldreich (Ecole Centrale Paris)