USENIX - /USR/GROUP

utzoo!decvax!genradbo!rob utzoo!decvax!genradbo!rob
Tue May 25 13:05:03 AEST 1982

	Subject: Usenix vs /usr/group

I went to Usenix at Santa Monica.  There were enough bad sessions that
I would welcome the choice of two sessions.  How about a combining of both
Usenix, /usr/group, Uniops, etc.  into DECUS?  Then we wouldn't end up
paying so much dues and have to go to 6 conferences a year!

/usr/group's last newsletter told me all about System III.  Usenix did not.

Usenix BOF sessions were very big, because that was the only place you could
have a dialog.  The general sessions were all give and no take.

Usenix is getting to be very one-way.  I have volunteered both at Santa
Monica, and via mail to assist on Boston Conference.  No one has even
replied to me.

The usenix tape.  $300.  EGAD.  No Directory, No hints as to what's on it.