System V/4.1C BSD paper

jsq at ut-sally.UUCP jsq at ut-sally.UUCP
Wed Aug 3 05:23:11 AEST 1983

Due to the requests we received at the Toronto USENIX
conference, we are posting a copy of the paper ``UNIX System
V and 4.1C BSD'' by John Chambers and John Quarterman on
several machines.  It appears on decvax, seismo, ut-ngp, and
ut-sally for copying with uucp, as ~uucp/compare (this
message) and ~uucp/compare.[123] (the paper, 15 pages per
file).  It is available over the ARPANET from utexas-11 as
~ftp/compare.doc (login ftp, password guest, retrieve
./compare.doc).

Unless we get some valid objections in a few days, we
will also post it to net.sources, as a number of people
have requested.  This will be done in three pieces, one
a day, starting Friday, 5 August.

This copy is exactly like the one which will appear in the
proceedings.  There will probably be a later version called
``UNIX System V and 4.2BSD'' when we get a 4.2 tape.  That
version will also contain revisions according to comments we
received at USENIX and after; the present version does not,
as we cannot work on it now but nonetheless wish to satisfy
the numerous requests for copies.

     John Chambers                   John Quarterman
     ihnp4!ut-ngp!ut-sally!jbc       ihnp4!ut-ngp!ut-sally!jsq
     jbc at utexas-11.ARPA              jsq at utexas-11.ARPA
     409-761-1813                    512-454-2668