missing 750?

John Quarterman jsq at ut-sally.UUCP
Thu Dec 8 05:25:38 AEST 1983

While I had had plans of co-authoring a paper for the D.C. Usenix meeting,
this seems quite unlikely now.  It seems DEC managed to, ah, *misplace*
the VAX-11/750 we were planning to use to run benchmarks.  Then they
decided they couldn't ship it because it was missing
	a) VMS
	b) a paper rack for the console DECWRITER
neither of which had been ordered in the first place.

This is the *same* 750 that didn't arrive in time for the *last* Usenix
conference, six months ago.  This time we have no alternative machine to use.

I wonder is this typical of DEC's deliveries these days?
--
John Quarterman, CS Dept., University of Texas, Austin, Texas
{ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!jsq, jsq at ut-sally.{ARPA,UUCP}