UniForum preregistration

Roger Bielefeld rab at cdcvax.UUCP
Sat Dec 3 00:58:12 AEST 1983

I've been putting off this submission for a long time.  The article
from Mark Bartelt finally gave me the kick I needed to get it out.

Is anybody else out there as disgusted as I am with the job that the
new "professional" office for the USENIX Association is doing?  It
seems to me that things went much more smoothly in the "good old days"
when volunteer effort got everything done.  Even when the whole association
was being run from Secretary Lew Law's home (just prior to the switch to
the "pros") things were better.  I'm certainly not advocating
that the officers of the association take on all the necessary work once
again, but I certainly expect that a "professional", paid office staff
could do the job at least as well as the volunteers did.

By the way, does anybody know how much the USENIX Association pays this
staff (per month, per year, or whatever) to keep things going?  How
many full-time equivalents make up the staff?  If this information isn't
public, it should be.

			Roger Bielefeld
			decvax!cwruecmp!cdcvax!rab