bug in Washington Hilton

Sam Kendall kendall at wjh12.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 12:23:05 AEST 1983

I called the Washington Hilton reservations number with intent to make
the following transaction:
	(1) Change my double room reservation to a single.
	(2) Reserve another single, for the guy who used to be in my
	    double.
Step (1) went successfully.  Step (2), however, was a washout; no more
singles.  Then my request to undo step (1), that is, to get my double back,
met with similar resistance!  "But I just had it less than two minutes ago,"
I fruitlessly complained.  Eventually, after I asked to speak to the
manager, and so on, I was sold back the same goods for ten dollars per night
more.  Astonishing!

I advise care for those who change their room reservations.

	Sam Kendall		  {allegra,ihnp4}!wjh12!kendall
	Delft Consulting Corp.	    decvax!genrad!wjh12!kendall