missing 750?

Alex White arwhite at watrose.UUCP
Sat Dec 10 00:57:44 AEST 1983

Yes, this is quite typical of dec now adays.  The two 780's we had delivered
a couple of months ago weren't going to be shipped because they didn't have
the consoles -- we convinced them to ship them anyway because we had lots of
decwriters around anyway - then they came with the consoles anyway!
We are currently waiting for ethernet -- it is several months late - a month
or go they finally delivered the deuna boards - but not the cable!!!
This week, after lots of phone calls, we finally got a shipment --
<<<violins playing in the background>>>
"I got a seven month pregnant woman to go out on the assembly line and
pick up your cable".... Local dec sales rep
<<<end violins>>>
(mind you, it then took a week or more to get here - customs, snow storms...)
But, ah, .... some of it seems to be backordered!
But, ummmm.... they screwed up in the states, it was a priority shipment
but they made a mistake and have sent it twice, once priority and once
by ordinary routes.... but,.... the other shipment seems to have the same
parts backordered......

Dec seems to be totally clueless nowadays.  When they shipped us a 780 four
months ago or so they couldn't ship the tu78 and shipped a tu77 temporarily
instead.  The tu78 came a few weeks later - but we STILL have the tu77 sitting
around - we should charge them storage!