It's not Usenix!!!!!

Laura Creighton laura at utcsstat.UUCP
Sat Dec 10 21:13:20 AEST 1983

I don't htink that I could make usenix anyway, but everybody seems real
upset about this /usr/group garbage. How about everybody ask for their
money back and we can have a real usenix sopmeplace else? I vote for a
big place with reasonable rates -- like a university residence rather
than a convention centre. Of course, university residences tend to be
full in the middle of the winter, but you know what I mean.

As a side effect we will be able to separate the people who are interested
in a technical conference from those that aren't. usenixes are huge these
days. There is no reason why the non-technical people shouldn't have their
own conference, but that was not what usenix started out to be.

I will look around here for big places that are cheap. But you all went to
Summer usenix here last summer, and are probably sick of this place.
It is yuckky in the winter, too. how about you people who don't have
snow looking around? (STRONG HINT TO THE PEOPLE IN SAN DIEGO, WHERE
I WISH I WERE).

Laura Creighton
utcsstat!laura