USENIX incompetence

ldl at genix.UUCP ldl at genix.UUCP
Mon Dec 12 01:00:17 AEST 1983

  I am not suggesting defending or accusing Usenix, but, I have seen tapes
that look 'backwards' and were NOT.  If I recall, Scotch 'Blackwatch' tape
is of this class.  The general rule that I follow is to try to load the
tape.  If it turns out that the tape they sent you was GOOD, won't you feel
kind of silly?  I sure would.  Did you even try to load the tape?  I sure would
have, prior to 'flaming'.  Best to be sure, I figure.  If on the slight
chance it is bad (Usenix wouldn't have any reason to 'delay' distribution
would it?), then file your 'lamentations'.

Made the same mistake myself,
Larry Landis

--
Spoken: Larry Landis