Aspartame might cause brain damage - text of article

rcj at burl.UUCP rcj at burl.UUCP
Fri Jul 8 03:29:32 AEST 1983

As I remember from college, kids who were identified as having
PKU (phenylketonuria) at birth only had to be on a special diet
until they reached age seven.  After that, there was no problem.

I am not sure if extremely high levels of phenylalinine in later
life can do anything to you or not -- any qualified people out
there care to elaborate??

BTW, just for general knowledge, the big problem with being born
with PKU is that milk contains huge amounts of phenylalinine.
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3814 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ floyd sb1 mhuxv ]!burl!rcj