Nomination suggestions wanted

Bob Lummis bob at aecom.UUCP
Tue Nov 15 06:43:43 AEST 1983

	Usenix elections are scheduled for the Spring of 1984.  A
nominating committee has been appointed consisting of the following
individuals:

Randall L. Frank                    Heinz Lycklama
utah-cs!frank                       decvax!cca!ima!ism!heinz

Peter Langston                      Ken Thompson
ucbvax!dagobah!pfl                  research!ken

Bob Lummis (chairperson)            Michael D. Tilson
{cucard,philabs}!aecom!bob          decvax!hcr!hcrvax!mike

				    Mike Zuhl
				    decvax!tektronix!tekecs!mikez

	We solicit opinions and suggestions from Usenix members.  Issues
that you might comment on include:  how many of the incumbents should
be renominated?  Which incumbents should be renominated?  Does it matter
whom a nominee works for (school, vendor, other industry, government,
BTL, etc.)?  If it does matter, which are to be preferred?  Is distributed
geographical representation important?  Is it important to have more
than one nominee per office?  What skills and qualifications are most
important?  And finally but most importantly, who should be nominated?

	We would also like to hear from anyone interested in serving
as an officer or member of the Board.

	Reply directly to any or all of the above, or by posting a
follow-up news item.

				Bob Lummis
				Albert Einstein College of Medicine
				{philabs, esquire, cucard}!aecom!bob