Special flight arrangements to Dallas

Mark Horton mark at cbosgd.UUCP
Mon Dec 10 12:13:48 AEST 1984

It's interesting to note that UniForum has a different airline discount
deal than Usenix.  Apparently UniForum has a deal with Delta for some
non-uniform discount rate, while Usenix has a deal with American for a
flat 35% or 40% discount.  The rates were quite different, too - the
Delta/Uniforum rate from Columbus, Ohio was slightly over $200, while
the American/Usenix rate from Columbus was about $350.  (I don't know
what the regular fares are so I can't verify that comparable discounts
were made.)

Since American has their hub in Dallas, and Delta's hub is in Atlanta,
I'm a little surprised that Delta is the carrier of choice for UniForum.