Special flight arrangements to Dallas

Avi Naiman avi at utcsrgv.UUCP
Thu Dec 13 04:04:35 AEST 1984

> The Dallas info/registration packet I got talks about "special air
> fares" through American Airlines.  When we called American about this,
> they said the special rates were only from selected cities.  We would
> have to pay regular fair to get to the nearest selected city.  For me
> to travel from Rochester to New York and then from New York to Dallas
> costs more than traveling with another airline from Rochester to
> Dallas.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  (The closest selected cities to
> Rochester were New York, Detroit, and Chicago).  Are we getting
> hoodwinked by AA or our travel agent?  The usenix brochure doesn't
> mention the requirement to fly from selected cities.
>
> Tim Becker
> ..!{seismo,decvax,allegra}!rochester!ccice5!tim

When I called American in Toronto (that's in Canada), I was told that
the "special air fares" are only from U.S. cities -- even though
the Usenix brochure instructs Canadians to call American and ask for
the Star File!  When I asked about travel from Buffalo (the closest
U.S. city) I was told that the discount would apply to ANY continental
US flight.  However, for the 40% discount, a 45 day advance purchase
is necessary, NOT 30 days as quoted in the Usenix flyer.
--

					Avi Naiman

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsrgv!avi
CSNET:  avi at toronto