USENIX conferences

mark at umcp-cs.UUCP mark at umcp-cs.UUCP
Wed Feb 29 13:43:51 AEST 1984

In academic computer science, we have a trick for recovering the
good old days of small conferences.  It is to have "workshops",
the price of admisssion to which is (among other things) a position
paper on the subject of the workshop.  This tends to weed out the
mere observers/non-contributers.  We could do this for a usenix
conference, somehow, perhaps.

Without something like this small conferences are hopeless.
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark at maryland
CSNet:	mark at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!mark