A funny thing happened at AT&T's Usenix booth...

Mark H Levine yba at mit-athena.ARPA
Fri Jun 22 10:47:08 AEST 1984

Aside from giving some of us college programs such things, DEC is in
fact actively supporting at least one high school around Boston in a
pilot program, and Harvard has a program aimed at computer education
in grades K-12 supported by (inter alia) the Federal Government.

Allow me to recommend that you contact the Educational Technology Center at
Harvard Graduate School of Education, 337 Gutman Library, Cambridge, MA,
02138.  Their phone number is (617)-495-9373, and an excellent fellow to
talk with is Professor Judah L. Schwartz (of MIT).

Neither Harvard, Schwartz,  nor DEC has requested I post this--I have simply
attended their seminars and spoken with some of the people involved,
so please go easy on them.  I do not speak for either, but I think
you may find you are more of like mind than not.

ATT may just need time to get their feet wet.  Technology was not disseminated
in a day, or something like that....

--
yba%mit-heracles at mit-mc.ARPA		UUCP:	decvax!mit-athena!yba