4.2BSD manuals (long, but important)

Jay Lepreau lepreau at utah-cs.UUCP
Fri Mar 9 19:10:51 AEST 1984

To save you all some trouble, there appear to be only three differences
between Sam's original message and Tom's later one:

1. It's limited to *institutional* USENIX members.
2. The deadline for order estimates has been extended a week to 3/21.
3. It arrived 4 days before it was posted....

And folks, let's have a round of applause for Sam Leffler and Tom Ferrin
for doing all that good and incredibly tedious work.  And to USENIX for
sponsoring it (would YOU like to check all those licenses?).  Wow! manuals
I can hold in one hand again!  (Damn shame they won't sell the volumes
separately though...  oh well.)

Everyone lean on your users to buy LOTS to get the price down-- it
should be quite sensitive to volume.  What we're doing here at Utah is
taking orders from our own users, with only those signing up and making
a deposit guaranteed to get one.  With a little propaganda, such as
"this may be your LAST chance, future ones may cost more due to limited
local press run, etc," people are committing and our own risk is shrinking.

Jay Lepreau