Usenix tutorial registrations in Dallas

Mike Tilson mike at hcradm.UUCP
Tue Jan 15 07:44:40 AEST 1985

If you are going to the Usenix conference in Dallas (or the UniForum show)
and you intend to take a Usenix tutorial, read on:

Registration is running well ahead of the rates observed at previous
conferences.  The deadline for pre-registration is now past, and you
must now register at the conference.  However, one course is already
filled, and some will almost certainly be filled on-site.  We WILL NOT
exceed 150 people per class, so I am posting this notice in order to
give you an idea of what your chances will be:

	4.2BSD Internals	DEFINITELY CLOSED at the maximum 150
				attendance.  If you pre-registered and
				don't have a confirmation, you might
				call the Usenix show office at
				213-592-3243.  Otherwise, forget it.

	Networking		Will almost certainly be filled, but
				a few on-sites should be possible.  Regis-
				tration is now at 107, with mail still coming
				in.  We expect it to be full, so be
				first in line at the registration desk.

	Device Drivers		Both of these have about 80 people.  We
	UNIX IPC		expect these to be full, probably.

	Systems Admin		These are not full, and are listed in
	Advanced C		order of current registrations, with
	UUCP, Mail, News	the top course currently having 56
	UNIX Language Tools	pre-registrations.  You should be
	ANSI C Standard		able to get in, however remember that
				UniForum is trying to get 20,000 people
				and these may spill over to Usenix and
				Usenix courses.  But based on past conferences,
				these should be OK.

If you are worried about getting in to the course of your choice on-site,
registration starts at 2:00PM Tuesday 22 January at the Fairmont Hotel,
and is first-come, first-served.  If you are not pre-registered, and your
only reason for going to Dallas is to take a particular course, then you
are taking a risk.  You should be prepared to take an alternate course if
your first choice is filled.

/Michael Tilson, Usenix Tutorial Coordinator
 Human Computing Resources Corp.

 (Don't call me, I can't get you in!)