Keeping costs down at Usenix (food & drink)

Joe Steffen steffen at ihuxa.UUCP
Wed Jan 23 01:04:02 AEST 1985

I was in downtown Dallas in 1978 for a conference and it took us TWO DAYS
to find a restaurant open at night outside a hotel!  Everyone goes home at
5pm; I never saw such a spooky downtown.  You could sleep peacefully and
safely in the middle of an intersection if it wasn't for the friendly
Dallas police, who like to arrest you for jaywalking across deserted
streets.  Guess they don't have much to do except watch empty buildings.
--

	Joe Steffen, AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL, (312) 979-5381