Dallas, Thursday night

Chuqui & MacDuff chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Fri Jan 25 13:23:02 AEST 1985

It all ends tomorrow, long days, long nights. Usenix, and Uniforum (why
they need to be separate, I'll never know. Running between four hotels (one
to sleep, two for Uniforum (one is actually the informart), and one for
Usenix is a royal hassle. Idiotic hassle of the week goes to Uniforum, for
running free shuttles to the outlying hotels only during the morning and
afternoon hours-- guaranteeing that once you get to UNiforum, you stay ALL
day. Nice touch. Runner up is Uniforum for the shuttle schedule between
Uniforum and the Usenix hotel-- every half an hour plus is exceptionally
inconvenient, at best.

Dallas is a wonderful, wonderful city. It seems clean, the people are
friendly, the food is wonderful. My poor Amex card, but the food is
wonderful. A city to revisit when time permits, when busyness doesn't
interfere. Not something I say often.

A very long, and rewarding, conference, but all too short at that.

chuq
--
>From the ministry of silly talks:               Chuq Von Rospach
{allegra,cbosgd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA

National Semiconductor does not require useless disclaimers on posted
material that is obviously not posted by company spokesmen...