"Valley Highway" in Denver

donn at hpfcla.UUCP donn at hpfcla.UUCP
Tue Nov 12 09:17:00 AEST 1985

For  those of you  coming to USENIX  in  Denver,  I'd like to clear up a
mystery for you before it "gets" you.

On the map on the back page of the book that comes with the registration
materials (I got mine today) you find a road labelled  "Valley  Highway"
(lower left corner of the map).  For non-Denverites it's really (ta-da!)
I-25.

The "Valley Highway" business is kept around solely for the confusion of
"tourists";  you  have to live  around  here  for a while to the get the
translation.  There are other  similar  "named"  freeways  with the same
problem in other cities, but (unlike other cities I'm aware of) I havn't
found any sign,  document, or map  *anywhere*  that  indicates  that the
Valley Highway and I-25 are the same thing.

I think this is best blamed on whoever provided USENIX with that map.

Donn Terry
HP, Ft. Collins, Co.