Need info on supported System V

finan at cg-d.UUCP finan at cg-d.UUCP
Tue Jul 15 01:07:25 AEST 1986

I am looking for help in tracking down a supported System V Unix.

Here is our situation:

	We currently are running a slightly modified version on 4.2BSD
	on several VAXs (750, 780, 785), and a heavily modified version 7
	on PDP 11/70s. Due to the overhead of having to maintain these
	systems internally, we are looking to switch to a fully vendor
	supported System V. The following are out requirements:

	1. Must be ported to all VAXs (including 86xx). PDP-11 support
	   is not imperative since we will probably be trading in the
	   11s for an 86xx soon, but I am interested in if they are
           supported by the vendor.

	2. Must be certified System V (SVID).

	3. Good maintenance contracts must be available. This includes
	   periodic releases and bug fixes.

	4. TCP/IP support.

	5. Source code available.

	6. Must fully intend on keeping up with future AT&T releases.

	7. Full documentation set with training aids.

If anyone out there knows of some vendors who can help us out,
I would greatly appreciate the information.

				Thanks

					Tim Finan
					Compugraphic Corp.
					Wilmington, Ma.