announcing the availability of 4.3BSD Usenix manuals

Landon Curt Noll chongo at amdahl.UUCP
Wed Oct 1 07:09:26 AEST 1986

In article <412 at spdcc.UUCP> dyer at spdcc.UUCP (Steve Dyer) writes:
 >I agree with John Gilmore here.

Me too!

 >At the very least, some explanation is is order here.  Is this a licensing
 >issue with AT&T or Berkeley?  If so, its logic escapes me and it must be
 >something new, for I've been able to walk off the street and purchase the
 >USENIX 4.2BSD manuals at the Harvard Science Center, no questions asked.
 >What's the necessity of the middleman?

Heck, folks can just plunk down $'s at the CS library at Berkeley can obtain
a set of manuals.  Thats how I got my 4.2BSD set.  Has something happened
with 4.3BSD?  Why can't Usenix provide a service for folks who can't get
to Berkeley?  (or even for folks who can?)

chongo <> /\oo/\