announcing the availability of 4.3BSD Usenix manuals

John Gilmore gnu at hoptoad.uucp
Mon Sep 29 20:09:05 AEST 1986

tef at ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Thomas Ferrin) writes:
>                  You must be a  Usenix  Association  Institutional  or
> Supporting  member  to order manuals.

I've been wondering what my individual membership in usenix is good for --
I can't get the tapes, I can't get the manuals, all I get is junkmail.

Is there no way for a 4.2BSD binary licensed (Sun) Unix site to get copies
of these manuals?  (I'm sure I could ask a friend at a "real company"
to get them for me, but now that I'm paying Usenix for the privilege
of membership it would be nice to debug the user group a little bit.)
I could go to any bookstore and buy System V manuals but it would feel better
to just shoot myself instead.
--
John Gilmore  {sun,ptsfa,lll-crg,ihnp4}!hoptoad!gnu   jgilmore at lll-crg.arpa
		     May the Source be with you!