Call for Papers

J.NERVIK jmn at ariel.UUCP
Sat Sep 13 02:09:02 AEST 1986

				  - 1 -

			     CCCCAAAALLLLLLLL FFFFOOOORRRR PPPPAAAAPPPPEEEERRRRSSSS

	   IIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE	NNNNEEEETTTTWWWWOOOORRRRKKKK:::: TTTTHHHHEEEE MMMMAAAAGGGGAAAAZZZZIIIINNNNEEEE OOOOFFFF CCCCOOOOMMMMPPPPUUUUTTTTEEEERRRR CCCCOOOOMMMMMMMMUUUUNNNNIIIICCCCAAAATTTTIIIIOOOONNNN

	       PPPPEEEERRRRFFFFOOOORRRRMMMMAAAANNNNCCCCEEEE MMMMEEEEAAAASSSSUUUURRRREEEEMMMMEEEENNNNTTTT TTTTOOOOOOOOLLLLSSSS aaaannnndddd TTTTEEEECCCCHHHHNNNNIIIIQQQQUUUUEEEESSSS
				   for
			   LLLLOOOOCCCCAAAALLLL AAAARRRREEEEAAAA NNNNEEEETTTTWWWWOOOORRRRKKKKSSSS

       The IEEE	Communications Society is planning an issue of the
       new IIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE	NNNNeeeettttwwwwoooorrrrkkkk:::: TTTThhhheeee MMMMaaaaggggaaaazzzziiiinnnneeee ooooffff CCCCoooommmmppppuuuutttteeeerrrr CCCCoooommmmmmmmuuuunnnniiiiccccaaaattttiiiioooonnnnssss
       that will be dedicated to the topic of Performance
       Measurement Tools and Techniques	for Local Area Networks.
       The issue is scheduled for publication in mid-1987. It is
       intended	to cover the architecture, design, implementation,
       and use of the tools to measure the performance of LANs.
       Papers discussing experience with LAN measurement tools and
       techniques and the results of these measurements	are highly
       desired.	 Both original research	papers and tutorial papers
       will be considered.

       Papers are solicited in topics such as:

	  o+ Performance	Measurements of	802.x Networks

	  o+ Performance	Test Tools and/or Measurement Techniques
	    for	802.x Networks

	  o+ Network and	Transport Layer	Performance Tools and
	    Measurements

	  o+ Application	Layer Protocol Performance Tools and
	    Measurements

	  o+ Network Simulators

	  o+ Performance	Measurements of	Bridged	LANs

	  o+ Performance	Measurements of	Gatewayed LANs

	  o+ Protocol Conversion	Performance Measurements

       Prospective authors should prepare complete manuscripts by
       November	1, 1986	in accordance with the _I_E_E_E _C_o_m_m_u_n_i_c_a_t_i_o_n_s
       _M_a_g_a_z_i_n_e	_S_t_y_l_e _S_h_e_e_t and	_I_n_f_o_r_m_a_t_i_o_n _f_o_r	_I_E_E_E _A_u_t_h_o_r_s and
       send five (5) copies of the manuscript to one of	the Guest
       Editors.	 Notification of Acceptance will be February 1,
       1987.

       Guest Editors for the issue are:

				  - 2 -

       Jeffrey A. Wong			       John Digaletos
       AT&T Information	Systems		       AT&T Information	Systems
       200 Laurel Ave. Room 1C-437	       200 Laurel Ave. Room 1F-428
       Middletown, NJ 07748		       Middletown, NJ 07748
       (201) 957-5358			       (201) 957-5347

       ihnp4!ariel!jaw			       ihnp4!ariel!jd

       To all net.news readers:

       I would appreciate if you would forward this to any interested
       parties.	 If you	have any questions, please contact me.

       Thanks in advance,

       Jeff Wong

       (201) 957-5358
       ihnp4!ariel!jaw