Weather forecast for DC Usenix meeting

bandy at amdcad.UUCP bandy at amdcad.UUCP
Tue Feb 3 09:33:49 AEST 1987

In article <202 at msdc.b.msdc.UUCP> dan at msdc.UUCP (Dan Forsyth) writes:
>Don't neglect the fact [...]
>and that Atlanta simply shuts down when
>anything icy falls from the sky.

So does D.C.  Do you think that they get much snow there either?

>How about we have the conference way up North somewhere that they can cope
>with everything up to and including a blizzard?  Then we can just dress up
>warmly and ignore the weather :-).

Um, almost.  Boston and Cambridge don't handle snow very well, that is
to say that they generally didn't start clearing it until just about the
next morning - by which time it has gotten even messier and there are just
enough non-snow conversant people driving around to mess everything up.

Now San Diego, on the other hand...
	andy
--
Andrew Scott Beals, {lll-crg,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!bandy +1 408 749 3683