Weather forecast for DC Usenix meeting

dennisg at pwcs.UUCP dennisg at pwcs.UUCP
Tue Jan 27 04:29:06 AEST 1987

In article <1153 at decuac.DEC.COM> avolio at decuac.DEC.COM (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>In article <43077 at beno.seismo.CSS.GOV>, rick at seismo.CSS.GOV (Rick Adams) writes:
>> The current extended weather forecast for Washington DC for Tuesday
>> through Friday is highs in the 40's and lows in the upper 20s/low 30s.
>> Cloudy, very little chance of rain.
>
>Rick is amazing.  Absolutely right!  Not a drop of rain! :-)
>
>Okay, so we got the biggest snowfall here in 4 years.  So there is a
>foot or more of snow around here now.  No big deal.  Unless you live

OK, a little humor. I escaped D.C. on Sunday morning just before
the next big storm hit and closed National again... got home to
Saint Paul, Minnesota to almost no snow..... a little cold, yes
but... almost no snow!

After the 1984 and the 1987 experience I suggest that the East
Coast year of the Uniforum/Usenix shibang be moved to a point
farther SOUTH ( Atlanta, Miami, whereever just NOT D.C. ). D.C.
would be a LOT more likeable during a warmer month. I like
January meetings, just not that far into the snow belt.

--
Dennis Grittner, Computer Services Manager, St. Paul Public Works
U.S.Mail: Room 700 City Hall Annex, 25 W. 4th St., St. Paul, Minn., 55102